About the Camino Frances Pilgrimage
Camino Frances (the French Way) is the most popular route of the Camino de Santiago (the Way of Saint James) pilgrimage. It’s so popular because it’s one of the oldest pilgrimage routes in the world, and it has been featured in many films. The Camino Frances goes through the green, mountainous region of northern Spain. Along the way, you’ll find many historical towns, restaurants, wine fields, pastures, and meet a lot of other people walking the same path. It starts at Saint Jean Pied de Port, France, and finishes at Santiago de Compostela. Many hikers choose to extend the trail by combining it with the Via Podiensis or Camino Finisterre routes.
Important: There are multiple Camino de Santiago Routes. So if you’re buying this print as a gift, make sure that you’re buying the correct one! You’ll find a list of all the routes that we’ve covered over here.
Statistics About the Camino Frances Hiking Trail
- Start point: Saint Jean Pied de Port, France
- End point: Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Total distance: 487 miles / 784 km
- Total altitude gain/loss: 37 730 ft / 11 500 m
- Highest point: 6991 ft / 2131 m (Pico de San Millan)
- Countries crossed: France, Spain
- Regions Crossed: Nouvelle-Aquitaine, Navarra, La Rioja, Castile and Leon, Galicia
- Time to finish: Usually 30-45 days
- Record finish time: 6 days
- Best time to hike: June – October
Great product, I highly recommend!
Great quality map of the Camino, and arrived just as expected! My husband loved it after finishing his hike. Best customer service around, and it was delivered in a timely fashion. I would definitely order from this shop again and recommend 10/10!
I love this print! It is so beautiful and will continue to remind me of my Camino1