About the Rota Vincentina Historical Way
The Historical Way is a long-distance hike in the Rota Vincentina hiking trail network in Southern Portugal. It starts at Santiago do Cacem, then goes 263 km through rural Portugal, and finally finishes in Cabo de Sani Vicente. It goes through the lush and green part of Southern Coastal Portugal, with many pastures, fields of wildflowers, and green forests. While walking the trail, you’ll also pretty much always see views of the rugged coastline in the distance, which is why the Historical Way is considered a really beautiful hiking trail. Another popular Rota Vincentina trail is the Fishermen’s Trail, which goes along the coastline in the same region, and is displayed as a side trail on this map.
Statistics About the Rota Vincentina Historical Way
- Start point: Santiago do Cacém, Portugal
- End Point: Cabo de Sao Vicente, Portugal
- Total distance: 263 km / 163 miles
- Total altitude gain/loss: 3061 m / 10 042 ft
- Highest point: 234 m / 1062 ft (Sao Domingos)
- Time to finish: Usually 11-15 days
- Best time to hike: March – November
There are no reviews yet.