About the Trans-Catalina Trail
The Trans-Catalina Trail (other called TCT) is an official trail that crosses Santa Catalina Island. It starts on the South-East end of the island at Avalon. Then it goes to the North-West end of the island at Starlight Beach, turns back, and finishes at Two Harbours. It’s one of the most unique hikes in the United States because there are only a few island hikes with a similar climate. The Trans-Catalina trail takes you through dry hills, green meadows, and pristine beaches. It can be hiked all year round, but the best time to hike is definitely in summer or spring, to avoid the summer heat and the winter cold weather.
Statistics About the Trans-Catalina Trail
- Start point: Avalon, Santa Catalina Island, California, United States
- End point: Two Harbours, Santa Catalina Island, California, United States
- Total distance: 38.5 miles / 62 km
- Total altitude gain/loss: 8993 ft / 2841 m
- Highest point: 1663 ft / 507 m (Silver Peak)
- Countries crossed: United States
- Time to finish: Usually 2-5 days
- Record finish: 6 hours
- Best time to hike: March-May or September-November
There are no reviews yet.