About the Laugavegur Trail
The Laugavegur Trail is one of the most popular hiking trails in Iceland. It stretches 55 km from Landmannalaugar to þórsmörk (Thorsmork) and can usually be completed in 2-4 days. Along the way, you’ll encounter thermal springs, active volcanoes, glaciers, and spectacular views of the surrounding mountains. On some parts of the trail, it doesn’t even look like you’re on Earth, and instead walking somewhere on Mars. Along the way, several mountain huts and campsites are available for accommodation. The Laugavegur Trail is considered a somewhat easy hike due to limited elevation gain, good waymarking, and fairly good-condition trails.
Statistics About the Laugavegur Trail
- Start point: Landmannalaugar, Iceland
- End point: þórsmörk (Thorsmork), Iceland
- Total distance: 55 km / 34 miles
- Total altitude gain/loss: 1795 m / 5889 ft
- Highest point: 1141 m / 3743 ft (Hrafntinnusker)
- Countries crossed: Iceland
- Points of Interest: Friðland að Fjallabaki (Fjallabak), þórsmörk (Thorsmork)
- Time to finish: Typically 2-4 days
- Record: 9 hours
- Best time to hike: June – September
There are no reviews yet.